JezLive

Login to post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JezLive

Login to post!

JezLive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JezLive

Welcome to the forum. Check out our Website

3 posters

The Ideas thread

DotNet
    DotNet
    Admin
    Admin

Infraction Points : 0

The Ideas thread Empty The Ideas thread

Post by DotNet Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 pm

This thread is dedicated to posting any new ideas you may have regarding the Jezlive Website.

Here are a few of my own:

-A video advertising Jezlive which we could post on websites such as youtube to get our website known.
    -A day dedicated to short 5 to 30 minutes broadcasts back to back. (thanks for taking into account my idea Very Happy)
    -A regular video podcast in which members of the Jezlive staff get together made available on the Jezlive website.
    Please give your opinion on these ideas and post your own if you have any.

Thank you for your time

DotNet
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

The Ideas thread Empty Re: The Ideas thread

Post by Brett Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 am

Jeza
    Jeza
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jeza Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks for the suggestion Brett,
    We are looking towards making an advertisment video in the near future.
    The problem is; we don't know where to put the video! Where would we put an advertising video if we made one?

Do you have any suggestions towards a video? If you would like to assist in the creation (editing, writing, preperation, etc), we would welcome you with open arms.

Thanks,
    Jez
    DotNet
    DotNet
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DotNet Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am

Jeza wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Brett,
    We are looking towards making an advertisment video in the near future.
    The problem is; we don't know where to put the video! Where would we put an advertising video if we made one?

On youtube and other video hosting sites people will stumble upon the video and we'll get free advertising.
    Jeza
    Jeza
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jeza Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm

YouTube is fine Karl, but who goes on YouTube to look at ads.
    One way I can see this working on YouTube is if we made it a comedy while advertising JezLive at the same time. That would gain views on YouTube along with traffic and listeners.

Jez
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

I could advertise it on my facebook and myspace, this will attract alot of people. We can host bulletins and such on sites like them aswell, to notify people of our times and stuff, maybe we could make a special Myspace/Facebook Jezlive account, and set it up, make a fan base a playlist of what will be on the next show. Just an idea. Smile
    DotNet
    DotNet
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DotNet Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Jeza wrote:YouTube is fine Karl, but who goes on YouTube to look at ads.
    One way I can see this working on YouTube is if we made it a comedy while advertising JezLive at the same time. That would gain views on YouTube along with traffic and listeners.

Jez

Of course that's exactly what I meant Rolling Eyes there are loads of people advertising for loads of thing on youtube they just make it entertaining example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdWiUzV110A (advertising for a world of warcraft guild)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/blendtec?blend=1&ob=4 (advertising for a blender)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI&feature=fvst (okay that's not an advertisement but I had to include it)

And all of those get loads of views or we could make a youtube channel with regular vids (howtos, funny animations, wiz getting owned... we can do loads of things) then link back to our website at the end or beginning that's how college humour get most of their website visits.

Brett wrote:I could advertise it on my facebook and myspace, this will attract alot of people. We can host bulletins and such on sites like them aswell, to notify people of our times and stuff, maybe we could make a special Myspace/Facebook Jezlive account, and set it up, make a fan base a playlist of what will be on the next show. Just an idea.

Yes that would be awesome we encourage most of our members to get our website known by telling their friends. And yeah the myspace or facebook fan group idea is great but I'm thinking more in the lines of twitter and such to post updates because it's pretty much made for this.
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 am

Exactly, i'd be happy to help with anything you guys need, i've chucked that current video on my face book, for now that should do. And i know Tim will put it on his. I forgot about twitter. that is a good idea. I good way to keep people posted, especially with back2back.
    DotNet
    DotNet
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DotNet Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 am

Brett wrote:Exactly, i'd be happy to help with anything you guys need, i've chucked that current video on my face book, for now that should do. And i know Tim will put it on his. I forgot about twitter. that is a good idea. I good way to keep people posted, especially with back2back.

Thanks a lot we really need all the help we can get, we're all really grateful. But what do you mean my the current video? We don't have a video do we?
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

Nothing offical, just something i suggested.

Was also linked in an earlier post. Just a bit hidden. I put that together a few nights ago, and its currently on my facebook page with all the details about Jezlive.
    Jeza
    Jeza
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jeza Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Brett wrote:Nothing offical, just something i suggested.

*Snip*

Was also linked in an earlier post. Just a bit hidden. I put that together a few nights ago, and its currently on my facebook page with all the details about Jezlive.
    Haha wow that looks really good.
    Is that done in Adobe After Effects?

We are looking for someone to spearhead video creation in JezLive, if you have experience in creating videos we would be happy to have you on the team.

Jez
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Well, at the moment im learning, yeah the creation done in after effects but the whole structuring done in premier pro. Bit of a newb at it, but im learning real fast.
    Jeza
    Jeza
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jeza Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Alright, well I know most of the ins and outs of Sony Vegas Pro so if you did need any help in creating videos I could give you a hand.
    If you want to join the team, check out this thread here.
    Post an application to become a video creator and I'll bump you up to the Head of Video Creation once we set you up.

Jez
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Alright done that. Yeah, i would use Vegas, but i got a mac. xD especially for these things. But basically, the adobe programs do the same Job. If you guys know any learning spots for Premier Pro, that would be sweet, right now its just fiddle and play.
    DotNet
    DotNet
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DotNet Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Oh yeah I hadn't noticed it. From my point of view that is awesome hahaha. Idea: if we do start making a bunch of videos that would be great to have at the beginning or end of each of them. (I've already created a youtube account called jezlive just so we get to have the name, I'll have o talk to you about it on msn jeremy.)
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:09 pm

True point, and i have an extremely good camera, if we ever need to do filming. Sony HD. So, if anyone gets any movie clip ideas, little advert, skits, anything, we could possibly get to gether and give it a shot. Just need a few story boards. And we can have it done. My brother can teach me anything i need to know about movie editing where i need it, cause him being a professional film editor, may come in handy.
    Jeza
    Jeza
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jeza Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:41 am

Yeah well we could make a video with all of us in it (i have a camera).
    Baker wants to have a LAN so we shall do it then. Pity the holidays are over.

Jez
    Brett
    Brett
    JezLive Staff
    JezLive Staff

Post by Brett Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Yeah that is lame. Two good camera would be excellent, all we need is some nice audio gear and maybe a few props. That would be sweet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:26 pm